That’s Scary! Safety Tips for Halloween Lighting October 26, 2010Posted by bowmanlamps in Uncategorized.
An outdoor light display at Halloween is just plain fun. But there are a few safety issues to consider. They’re basically the same as Christmas light cautions, but worth the added effort.
- Check for cracked or frayed cords before plugging lights in.
- Outdoor lights should be fastened securely to prevent disruption from wind or Trick-or-Treaters.
- Go easy on extension cords. Don’t overload them, put them in high traffic areas, or places where water collects.
- Trick-or-Treat night is for children. Avoid decorations which can break or shatter. And, a small LED flashlight can illumine jack-0-lanterns with out the threat of a clandle flame.
- Limit the number of lights per extension cord. No more than three standard size sets per cord.
That’s it! Have fun on Halloween, and if you need some amber or white colored LED lights, click here.